Saturday, August 16, 2014

Fetishizing the writing space

I can't stand it when  so-called writers fetishize their wedding space. It has to be perfect or they can't write. Boo-Fucking-Hoo. A real writer can write anywhere. I've written in the following places:
My computer room/laundry room
A classroom
In a moving car (I want driving at the time)
In a doctor's waiting room
In the office of my day job
On my back deck
In my kitchen
In my in-laws living room
No less than three different public libraries
...and probably a bunch of other places as well.

I've written on the following devices as well:
Desktop computer
Laptop computer
Netbook
Cell phone
Kindle

While my ideal place to write is in my computer room on my laptop, I've found I can do it anywhere since I'm motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment